Apple Cabbage Slaw
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise $0.44
- ⅓ cup Greek style plain yogurt $0.32
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar $0.06
- ½ Tbsp honey $0.12
- ½ tsp salt $0.02
- 1 small head purple cabbage (about 1.5 lbs.) $1.34
- 1 large carrot $0.12
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple $0.78
- ⅓ cup raisins $0.60
- Prepare the dressing by stirring together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt.
- Remove the core from the cabbage, then shred the leaves into very thin strips. Peel the carrot, then shred it using a large holed cheese grater. Wash the apple well, slice it in half, then remove the core with a melon baller or sharp spoon. Use the cheese grater to shred the apple. Press the shredded apple between a couple pieces of paper towel to absorb the excess juice.
- Place the shredded cabbage, carrot, apple, and raisins in a large bowl. Add the dressing over top, then stir until everything is evenly coated in dressing. Serve immediately.