For the nuggets:
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup dill pickle juice (from the jar)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Cooking oil spray
For the honey mustard:
- Yellow mustard
- Light mayonnaise
- In a large, sealable container, combine the chicken pieces, pickle juice, and milk. Stir well, seal, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large freezer bag, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, powdered sugar, salt, paprika, and onion powder. Use tongs to remove one piece of chicken from the marinade at a time, let excess liquid drip off, and add it to the freezer bag. Shake the bag to and toss well to coat the chicken nuggets. Remove the nuggets, one at a time, shake off excess breading, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the nuggets liberally with cooking oil spray. Make sure there aren’t any crumbly, dry patches of breading.
- Bake until the chicken nuggets are cooked through and the breading is golden, about 20-25 minutes, flipping once.
- As the nuggets bake, combine equal parts honey, yellow mustard, and light mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Serve the warm with the honey mustard and enjoy!