Candied Pecan Chex Mix Recipe
- 9 cups Chex™ cereal (I used equal parts Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ and Wheat Chex™)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups raw pecan halves
- 2 cups pretzels
- 4 egg whites, whisked
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugars, cinnamon, salt and cayenne until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a second large mixing bowl, combine Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™, Wheat Chex™, pecans, and pretzels.
- Add in the egg whites, and toss for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is evenly coated. Add the sugar mixture, and continue tossing until the mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the two prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and toss the mixture for even cooking, breaking up chunks if needed. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture is crisping up and is no longer moist. (It will continue to crisp as it cools.)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack until the mix reaches room temperature.
- Break the mix up into small pieces if desired, then serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.