Peppermint Brownie Trifles Recipe
PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE BROWNIE BITES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate bars, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- peppermint brownie bites
- 1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 (8oz.) tub cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup candy canes, crushed
- 6 PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Flavored Chicks
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line 9×13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; coat the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- In a medium bowl, melt butter and chopped semisweet chocolate together. Let cool slightly.
- Stir in sugar and eggs.
- Whisk in flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and peppermint extract until smooth.
- Swirl the cream cheese mixture into the brownie batter in the pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before cutting into squares.
MAKE THE TRIFLES:
- In 6 small dessert cups, alternately layer brownie bites, hot fudge topping, whip cream, and crushed candy canes, ending with whip cream, crushed candy canes, and a PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Candy Cane Flavored Chick. Serve immediately.