Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. shallots, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 2 1/2 t. flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk, room temperature
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 T. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the shallot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the flour and whisk everything together cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the milk whisking the sauce as you pour.
- Continue to whisk the sauce for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the pizza dough.
- Top the pizza with the mozzarella and fontina cheese and the sliced chicken.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with the chopped parsley, serve immediately.