Chicken Kale Caesar Wraps
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (about 5 cups chopped) $1.50
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas $1.15
- 2 carrots $0.24
- ½ rotisserie chicken (2 cups chopped) $3.50
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan $0.41
- Freshly cracked pepper $0.03
- ¼ cup creamy Caesar dressing $0.53
- 4 large tortillas (burrito size) $1.20
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves by running a sharp knife along each side of the stem from top to bottom. Stack the de-stemmed leaves, then cut crosswise into thin strips. Place the chopped kale into a colander and rinse well with cool water. Let as much water drain away as possible. Use a salad spinner of blot with a clean, lint-free towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Place the cleaned and dried kale into a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Peel the carrots, then shred them using a large holed cheese grater. Remove the chicken meat from the carcass, then roughly chop into small pieces. Add the chickpeas, carrots, chopped chicken, and Parmesan to the bowl with the kale.
- Add ¼ cup Caesar dressing to the bowl, then stir until everything is evenly coated. Add one heaping cup of the salad mix to the center of a large tortilla. Add some freshly cracked pepper, if desired. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll it up like a burrito. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to a day.