Crunchy Kale and Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.99*
- Pinch of salt & Pepper $0.05
- 8 oz. (or one bunch) curly leaf kale $1.50
- 2 stalks celery $0.33
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds $0.76
- ⅓ cup golden raisins $0.39
- ½ cup mayo (I used light mayo) $0.77
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar $0.18
- 1½ Tbsp honey $0.17
- ½ Tbsp Dijon mustard $0.06
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Freshly ground pepper $0.03
- Season the chicken breast liberally with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken in a countertop grill, or in a skillet until cooked through. Let the chicken cool completely, then chop into small pieces.
- While the chicken is cooling, dice the celery into small pieces. The easiest way to do this is to cut each stalk into strips lengthwise, then cut across the strips into small cubes.
- Prepare the dressing my mixing the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, ¼ tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Tear the kale into small, bite-sized pieces, rinse, and then dry the leaves well. (Rinsed kale can be rolled up in a clean, dry dish towel to help absorb excess water). Place the kale in a bowl, then layer the chopped chicken, diced celery, sliced almonds, and golden raisins over top. Add the dressing and stir very well, or until everything is well coated in the dressing. Serve immediately.