Freezer Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 8 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided into 2 cups
- 9 Cups Frozen Shredded Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Corn Flakes, crushed
- ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- In a large pot, melt stick of butter, add celery salt, onion salt, and flour and stir continuously until smooth, bubbly, and golden brown-that’s a roux.
- While stirring, add chicken stock to your roux, mix well and add milk. Bring almost to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups cheddar, mix well.
- In the same pot, thoroughly combine potatoes, rest of the cheese, garlic powder, and sour cream to the roux. Spread evenly in 9×13 pan.
- In a small bowl combine crushed corn flakes and panko. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350˚ for 45 minutes or until crispy and golden brown on top.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.