Homemade Freezer Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 cups fresh vegetables
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 batch of marinade
- Wash and prepare vegetables by chopping into bite sized pieces. Blanch veggies in a pot of generously salted boiling water. Remove blanched veggies from water with a slotted spoon or fine strainer. Spread out veggies on parchment lined cookie sheets and let cool completely. Place in a freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen solid. Remove from freezer and break up frozen veggies with hands. Place in a gallon sized freezer safe bag.
- Chop up chicken breasts into bit sized pieces. Place chicken, along with 3-4 tablespoons of marinade in a sandwich sized bag. Seal bag and place in gallon sized bag with the frozen veggies.
- Pour remaining marinade in a sandwich sized bag and place in gallon sized bag with chicken and veggies. Remove as much air as you can and seal bag. Place back in freezer until ready to make.
- To cook: Remove frozen chicken and marinade and let thaw completely. Stirfry meat with a little oil in a wok or large skillet for a few minutes until cooked through. Add in frozen veggies and the marinade and cook on high, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes or until all the veggies are heated through and meat is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve on its own or with a side of rice.