Homemade Granola Cereal Recipe
- 3 cups honey
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 10-11 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- ½ cup flaxseed
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bag flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring after every 15 minutes until the granola is very light golden brown. It should take 20-30 minutes.
- If you like your granola crunchier with a toastier flavor, bake it a little longer, keeping a close eye on it – if it gets dark it will taste burnt.
- Will keep for two weeks in an airtight container.