- 8 oz. cream cheese or neufchatel
- 8 oz. imitation lobster or crab
- 1 large egg
- ½ bunch green onions
- 1 pkg (42) wonton wrappers
- ½ tsp sriracha hot sauce
- as needed non-stick spray
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onion, egg and Sriracha until well combined. Add the lobster and break the chunks up slightly as you stir it in.
- Get a small bowl of water to help seal the edges of the wonton wrappers. Working in groups of about 6 wontons at a time, place about one teaspoon of the cheese filling in the center of each wonton square. Using your fingers, wet the wrapper all along the four sides. Fold them diagonally corner to corner and pinch the wrapper together to seal. Try to squeeze the air out as you make the first fold. Bring the two opposite points of the triangle together around front and squeeze together to seal. See the photos below to see how this is done.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Working in groups of about 8-10 wontons, drop them into the boiling water and remove them once they begin to float (about 3 minutes). Place the boiled wontons on a cooling rack placed over a baking sheet so the excess water can drain off. The wontons skins should now look nice and transparent.
- Once all of the wontons have been boiled, heat a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick spray oil over medium-high heat. When it is nice and hot, place about 8 wontons in at a time. “Fry” the wontons on each side until they are golden brown, blistered and crispy in some spots. You may need to spray more non-stick spray as you go, it will help crisp up the wontons.