Perfect Queso Recipe
- ½ cup grated jalapeno cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated white American cheese
- ½ cup grated white queso cheese
- ½ cup half and half or whole milk
Double Boiler Method:
- Add cheeses and half of the half and half or milk to the double boiler over low heat. Stir as the cheese melts and add more of the half and half or milk until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. The cheese sauce should be thin, but still thick enough to coat a chip when dipped. Serve immediately or pour into a small slow cooker on the warm setting to serve.
- Add cheeses and half of the half and half or milk into large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes at 80% power, stopping and stirring after each minute. Remove from the microwave and stir vigorously to combine.
- If needed, continue microwaving an additional 1 – 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted thoroughly and ingredients are well blended. Serve immediately or pour into a small slow cooker on the warm setting to serve.