Pesto Ricotta Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta $1.25
- 1 cup ricotta (full fat) $1.07
- ½ cup pesto (any variety) $1.88
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest (optional) $0.38
- Freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a mill) $0.05
- ½ small red onion (optional) $0.46
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed $0.48
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions. Allow the pasta to cool until no longer hot (5-10 minutes).
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, pesto, zest from about ½ of a lemon (1 tsp), and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir until combined. Thinly slice the red onion and allow the peas to thaw.
- Combine the cooked and cooled pasta, pesto ricotta sauce, onion, and peas in a large bowl. Stir until everything is evenly combined and coated in the sauce. Serve immediately.