Plum Salad with Lemon Ginger Dressing
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger $0.12
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice $0.45
- 3 Tbsp canola (or other light oil) $0.24
- 1 Tbsp honey $0.12
- ¼ tsp salt $0.02
- Freshly cracked pepper $0.03
- 2 plums (about ½ lb. total) $1.49
- 1 bunch fresh parsley $0.89
- ¼ cup sliced almonds $0.66
- 2 cups cooked bulgur, quinoa, couscous, or rice (chilled) $0.74
- Grate about one tsp of fresh ginger into a jar or small bowl. Add the lemon juice, salad oil, honey, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Shake the jar (or whisk) until the ingredients are combined. Let the dressing sit while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Rinse the parsley well to remove any dirt or debris. Shake off as much water as possible. Pull the leaves from the stems and then give them a rough chop. Place the chopped parsley in a bowl.
- Thinly slice the plums and remove the sections from the pit. Add the plum slices and sliced almonds to the bowl with the parsley. Give the dressing a quick stir, then add it to the salad (start with half and add more as needed). Toss the salad until everything is coated in the dressing, then serve.