Smoky Garlic Oven Fries
- 2-2.5 lbs. russet potatoes $2.07
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.32
- 1 tsp (approx.) garlic powder $0.10
- 1 tsp (approx.) smoked paprika $0.10
- Generous salt & pepper $0.05
- Non-stick spray $0.15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare two baking sheets by covering them with foil and coating the foil with non-stick spray.
- Wash the potatoes well to remove any dirt or dust. Cut the potatoes into very thin, ¼ inch matchsticks, then divide them between the two baking sheets.
- Drizzle each sheet of potatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then toss the fries to coat. Sprinkle the fries with garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Don’t worry, they’ll get tossed with the spices when they get stirred during the baking process.
- Bake the fries in the fully preheated 400 degree oven, stirring gently with a spatula every 15 minutes. Bake until the fries are brown and crispy, but still slightly moist in the center. The fries will bake at different rates, depending on how thinly they are sliced, so keep a close eye. My batch took approximately 45 minutes to bake.