Coconut Pecan Cabin Granola Recipe
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour (I haven’t tried whole wheat but I assume it would work fine)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar (optional – if I do use it, I like turbinado sugar)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pecans, flour, cinnamon, salt, and sugar if using. Stir to combine.
- Whisk the oil and the honey together. Pour over the oats mixture and until the whole mixture is moistened. Pour into a large jelly roll pan in a single layer, which will be thick – that’s okay because if you spread it out too much, it will bake too quickly and get crunchy and hard. No good.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir once, bake for 10 more minutes, stir once, and add the coconut flakes on top. Bake for a final 5 minutes (the coconut will get nice and brown) and remove from the oven. DON’T STIR right away! Let it just sit and mellow out on the pan – this helps it cluster up a little bit.