Homemade Fudgy Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 (11 Tablespoons) cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (11.5 oz.) bag milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving enough overhang on the sides and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and water. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla extract; stir until chocolate melts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric or stand mixer, beat in eggs, mixing after each egg.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let brownies cool before frosting and/or cutting into squares.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, mix together butter, cocoa powder, and salt for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Frost the cooled brownies, and cut them into squares.