Cookie Dough Easter Eggs Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar (best if you use powdered sweetener to avoid grittiness)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 6 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Add butter, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto parchment or waxed paper and pat out into a rough square, about 8 x 8 inches and 1/2 inch high.
- Use a small egg-shaped cookie cutter (about 2 inches long) to cut out as many eggs as possible. Use a knife or offset spatula to gently lift the eggs onto a waxed paper-lined platter or cookie sheet. Gather up the scraps and re-pat out and cut more eggs out. Continue until no more eggs can be cut out (you should get about 14 to 15 eggs).
- Freeze eggs until completely frozen, about 1 hour.
- Set a heat-proof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Add chocolate and coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
- Dip each frozen egg into the chocolate, tossing to coat all over. Lift out with a fork and tap firmly on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on another waxed paper-lined platter or cookie sheet.
- Drizzle any extra chocolate over the eggs in fun designs (you can put it into a ziploc bag with the very tip cut off to make proper designs).
- Freeze or refrigerate until firm.