Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts (2 breast halves, ~1.2lb/600g in total)
- Zest of 1 lime (zest before juicing)
- 4 tbsp lime juice (1 – 2 limes)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro/coriander (optional)
- 2 tsp fish sauce (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create 4 steaks. Optional: Place a piece of parchment paper over the chicken and using a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound to ⅓” / 7mm thickness.
- Place Chicken and Marinade in a ziplock bag, massage to distribute marinade evenly. Place on a plate or bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken, discard Marinade. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat (or even better, do this on the BBQ). Place chicken in the skillet and cook the first side for 1½ – 2 minutes, or until caramelised and golden brown. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute or until golden.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and serve.