Creme De Menthe Brownies Recipe
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Creme de Menthe Frosting
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, melted
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add flour, salt, vanilla and chocolate mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased and floured 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; spread creme de menthe frosting over top. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over frosting, or pipe in desired design. Cut bars immediately. Remove from pan and chill at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.