Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- 3 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ½ cup caster sugar (known as super fine / baker’s sugar in the US)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz / 250g mascarpone (Note 5)
- 1¼ cups hot espresso coffee – strong! (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp (or more!) of liquor of choice – I like Frangelico and Kahlua
- 6.5oz/200g lady fingers (24 – 30), pavesini or savoiardi biscuits (Note 2)
- Cocoa, for dusting
- Beat yolks and sugar in stand mixer on medium high for 12 minutes or until white and thick.
- Add vanilla and mascarpone, beat until just combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- Clean bowl and whisk. Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold ⅓ of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Then gradually fold the remaining yolk mixture in and mix until just combined.
- Mix coffee and liquor together. Quickly dip biscuits in and line the bottom of a 8”/20cm square dish.
- Spread over half the cream, then top with another layer of coffee dipped biscuits.
- Spread with remaining cream.
- Cover, refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight
- Dust with cocoa powder just before serving – either before you cut or after placing onto serving plates.