For the Crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
For Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
- 1⅓ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
For Chocolate Topping:
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
To make the topping:
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).